Thursday, July 29, 2010

New(ish) direction and/or the revitalization of an aging manifesto.

I started this blog with the intention of opening the box of comics that I have saved since my pre- and early-teen years. I thought, “I’ll read them - maybe two or three per week - and ‘review’ or ‘comment’ or dissect them in one way or another...” This was the idea. Then I stumbled upon some online video content on Marvel.com and decided to include these. Also, at the time that I began writing this, I was reading the 39 Steps and one of the Mr. Moto novels, so I again decided to expand my scope. Well, so far I have managed to evaluate (to ridiculous detail) only one episode of a Marvel-based show. Not nearly the volume or the quality that I had originally hoped (the Seven-Part Review of Japanese Spider-Man Episode 0 starts of well and promises to be pretty epic, but it looses steam at some point during the 8-month hiatus...). So, today I decided to get started on something new. In fact on a couple of new things. I am going to start another few epic reviews, in multiple parts, and I am going to be alternating between them in order to prevent myself form becoming bored with the subject matter. I intend to review: 

1) Gold Key Comics’ STAR TREK Series;
2) The first couple of years of Spider-Man and; 
3) One other thing that I reserve the right to decide upon later.


First on the list is Gold Key Comics’ STAR TREK series (of which I have a handful of issues from the mid-late 1970s)...

Kirk | Spock | Reverse

No comments:

Post a Comment